Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Cycle of Life as seen through the Book ofJudges

It is amazing how cyclical our lives are...from the daily rising and setting of the sun, to the tides, to the school year, to sleeping each night, we repeat a lot of cycles. Today the lesson was spirited and full of lots of great discussion as we looked at the repeated cycle of rebellion and redemption that the Israelites went through as they settled into the Promised Land. I asked a lot of questions of the fifteen students in attendance (the blueprint of our conversation can be seen here), and they had great insight into problems the Israelites may have faced and the overall human condition. The Book of Judges has a lot to teach us today about the way we conduct ourselves.

Questions for further reflection:
Why do we make wrong choices when we are so aware of the right choices to make?
Will I ever be able to consistently make good choices?
What are the factors in my life that help me make good decisions?
When do I tend to make poor decisions?
If I were God would I have as much patience as He does?



No comments:

Post a Comment